Check out The Nonprofit Vote Municipal Vote Kit resources below to create your vote plan, engage your organization, and get your community involved in the voting process. Don't forget to share this link with your colleagues and neighbours!
Before you dive in to the Vote Kit – don't forget to pledge your vote with the Calgary #nonprofitsvote campaign pledge if you haven't already!
Share your pledge!
There are many ways to get social this election and share your pledge – and ask others to pledge, too.
- Tell others about the campaign with this email template and sample social media posts.
- Update your Facebook profile with one of the #nonprofitsvote Facebook cover images.
- Print your #nonprofitsvote decal to display at the office, or at home!
- Print your own #nonprofitsvote stickers with this Avery template (22830).
- Print out this tent card for your desk – start the conversation with your colleagues, friends, and others who access nonprofits!
Get informed so you can vote with confidence.
Know who is running and be prepared to ask candidates important questions on preventative social services.
- Check out the candidates for council, Mayor, and school board (public and separate).
- Check out the referendum questions that will be on your municipal ballot on October 18.
- Check out the plebiscite question that will be on the Calgary municipal ballot on October 18.
- Check out information on candidates for Senate, which will be a separate ballot at the time you vote in the municipal election.
- Ask these important questions on support for Preventative Social Services and Calgary’s Poverty Reduction Strategy of your candidates when they come to the door, print the list or use this email template to email the candidates in your ward and Mayoral candidates.
Plan Your Vote
Prepare the when, how, and where of your personal vote plan.
- What is my ward? Enter your address here to find out where you’re designated to vote.
- Who are the candidates in my ward? Click here for the most up-to-date list of candidates who are running or seeking to run in the next municipal election.
- When do I vote? Election Day is Monday, October 18th, 2021. Advance Poll Days are October 4th – October 10th. Find the closest Advance Polls location here.
- How do I vote? Click here to find out who is eligible to vote and what ID is required.
Vote and help others to vote during advance polls, and election day!
- Remind others to vote with this email template.
- Share your “I voted” story on social media using the #nonprofitsvote hashtag.
- Follow the #nonprofitsvote hashtag to keep up with the campaign during election time!
Calgary #nonprofitsvote is a nonpartisan effort led by a coalition of Calgary-based social serving agencies: The Alex, Calgary Counselling Centre, Calgary Drop-In Centre Society, Calgary Food Bank, Carya, Catholic Family Service, Community Kitchen Program of Calgary, Confederation Park 55+ Activity Centre, CUPS Calgary Society, Distress Centre Calgary, Families Matter Society of Calgary, Hillhurst Sunnyside Community Association, Hull Services, Immigrant Services Calgary, Inn from the Cold, Jewish Family Services, Metis Family Services, Momentum, Trellis, United Way of Calgary and Area, Vibrant Communities Calgary, Women's Centre of Calgary, YW Calgary.